I debated over titles for this post, but I think this is the biggest thing I have to say. I finished my novel!
If you’re counting, that means I’ve turned in TWO original written-by-me novels this year. I’m still a little stunned, honestly. This isn’t something I would have thought I could do, but I did it and I even held on to my sanity and health. (Mostly.) It meant canceling on all but one convention for 2015 and missing Thanksgiving with my family, but I did it. Hopefully this will make a lot of travel opportunities happen over the next two years. Including visits to my family.
The Hellmaw setting is still under a pretty tight Non Disclosure Agreement, so there isn’t much I can tell you about the book or the setting. However, I’ll tell you what I can:
- My book title is OF THE ESSENCE.
- It is a standalone novel. That is, there are no sequels planned at this time. It’s open-ended enough to entertain a sequel in the future, if it does well and readers clamor for more, but I had so many plates in the air already that I only wanted to commit to one book at a time.
- It has chapters, but not chapter titles. Just chapter numbers.
- It has characters.
- It passes the Bechdel test.
- It does not contain sexual violence.
- If it were a movie, it would probably be rated R.
- It will be available in May, 2016.
- The moment it’s up on Goodreads and Amazon, I will let you know.
- I’m really, really proud of it, and I hope everyone else enjoys it too. 🙂